Friday, January 12, 2018

Time to kick it up a notch!

I'm an avid technology user. My students have a district issued device at their disposal. It's time to kick it up a notch and really start using technology. I really want to try to go more paperless. It's tough making all the copies, especially if I change my mind on a project. My students have so much technology at their fingertips. It's time to dig in and incorporate it into my classroom.

Things we can use:

  • Microsoft Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Sway, Forms, OneNote)
  • It'sLearning
Between these two platforms, we should be able to use technology on a daily basis. That's one of my goals this school year. I want to use the technology on a more frequent basis and not just for some special lesson or occasion. I've dabbled with incorporating many different things this year. This is my year to test out what works and doesn't work for me. 

Many of the things I make can be incorporated into It'sLearning. I find that using OneNote is a bit easier. Maybe I can utilize the assessment feature and assignment feature of It'sLearning. I know there's a plagerism check that should be helpful, especially teaching ELA. It would be great if this platform worked alongside our gradebook platform. 

I plan to work to try to incorporate different things for my students this year. I really want them to become more tech savvy and that technology will have a purpose in my classroom. Plus technology is one of my favorite things to tinker with. I feel like it keeps me sharp and allows me a place to find success, especially if I'm struggling with other things. It'll be interesting to see how far I've come with technology as I reflect at the end of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment