Thursday, December 3, 2015

Back on the Blog Wagon

Welcome to my blog! I'm currently a middle school ELA teacher. I've been feeling a bit empty lately, and I thought it was high time I get back on the "blog wagon". When I was a student teacher (way back in the day), my cooperating teacher used to encourage me to blog. I was pretty good about blogging. It gave me an outlet to sort through my new life as a teacher. I've decided that it was time I start doing that again. I figured maybe it would help me sort through my days and give me a place to share whatever knowledge I can impart to others. This is just a rough version of my blog. It will undergo some personalization very soon. I felt like it was time I got started on it with or without a beautification process.

On a nerdy note, I'm excited to say that this is my first blog as Mrs. Keeling! I got married this past summer and have had to transform myself into a new person. Really that was a fancy way to say that I had to learn to answer to a new name. That has been quite an adjustment for me. After spending 34 years of my life answering to a different name, it was hard to adjust to a new one. So here I am blogging as the "new" me for the first time. It's the simple milestones in life that make me smile.

Well I'm off to begin my school day. I hope that it is a productive one full of learning! We are reading "A Stolen Day" about a young boy who thinks he is "sick". Then we will move into a comparison and contrast paragraph writing assignment. We already read the short story "A Day's Wait" about a young boy who is sick with the flu and thinks he is dying due to a temperature misunderstanding. My students will compare and contrast the character traits of the two boys. I'm excited to see what they are going to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment