Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Dialogue Journals the beginning

My instructional coach and I were talking last week about trying out dialogue journals with one of my classes. I think she knows I'm one of those people who will try something out, even if it doesn't work. Which is ironic because I don't consider myself much of a risk taker. So we talked about the basics of the dialogue journal. She emailed me the link and I had the opportunity to read more in depth about them. If you are interested in reading it, here's the link.

After reading through this, I desired to connect with my students. Right now I feel so out of sorts with my classes. The interruption of the hurricane has had a drastic impact on my ability to feel like I'm connecting with my students. My coach suggested that I start with a small class, but I decided to start with my chatty double block class. That class is super chatty and I initially thought they would be my tough bunch. I'll be honest, I can tell that they are my most interactive class. They are my largest class, but I think they will be my group to get into the journals.

As of now, I'm setting out to locate some notebooks for the kids. They've already provided their school supplies, so I don't feel as though I can ask for more. I need to create my questionnaire to get to know my kids and have something to write about. I'm excited to have the opportunity to connect with them this way. I hope this will be a way to encourage them to become more confident writers.

Image result for confident writers

No comments:

Post a Comment