Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Week 1

It's week 1 and I'm still going strong. It kind of makes me sound like I'm on a diet or something. I've survived my first week after moving. So after being down with the crud and napping all the time, I have finally bounced back. This weekend we shopped for a new mattress. It is weird to lay on the beds in the middle of the store. I learned that you have to lay there for about 10-15 minutes to have a good "idea" about the mattress. Shopping for a mattress when it's just you is pretty easy, but when you have to consider both of you and your styles... that makes it a little more tricky. Thankfully we managed to agree on a bed and get out of the store feeling great about our purchase. Day 2 and sleeping like a champ! I think we take for granted how important it is to have a decent mattress and how much better you feel when you sleep soundly at night.

This weekend we went to Crystal beach to visit some family. We left early Sunday afternoon for what should have been about an hour commute.... Not on this weekend... It was longer than the three hour tour. Once we arrived at our destination, we visited with family. Enjoyed some jalapeno poppers and cheeseburgers. I made a new Weight Watcher's dessert. It is a wonderful summertime recipe. It is Raspberry Walnut bars.They were super good, traveled well, and didn't make us feel guilty for eating them. I'll post it on Keeling's Kitchen soon. 

Yesterday we got to relax. Actually relax and "do nothing". It was a lazy day. Well not really lazy, but it sounds good right? I monogrammed backpacks and beach towels for the kids. They are coming next week and we are taking them to the beach. I hope they LOVE their bags. We filled them with all kinds of goodies. I think as long as we remembered the fruit chews, we are a pretty jam up aunt and uncle. It's the small things in life. 

Today I went to Seabrook and got to see my new classroom. I met some of the 7th grade ELA teachers. I was given many books to read and some professional development things to look in to. I was guided on how to find my email! Can I say how dumb I felt? I'm a techie person, but sure didn't know how to navigate the new interface. I have to learn a new webpage management software as they don't use Blackboard in this district. Hopefully it will be an easy transition. The students definitely seemed ready to get out for summer. I'm looking forward to this new challenge. It's a bit overwhelming, but it'll be great. I signed up for my last 2 test today. I take one in June and one in July. Please keep me in your prayers. I hate testing about as much as the next person, but I'm on a deadline and would LOVE to have these tests done and not hanging over my head all year. 

Anyway all in all it's been a pretty good week. It's HOT here! I mean HOOOOOOOTTTTTTT! I lived in Lake Charles, but this is much hotter. lol! I'm looking forward to a shopping visit with family this week and mini vacation with the kids next week. Things have started picking up the pace as each day of summer rolls on by. 


No comments:

Post a Comment